In 1880 the Department supplied a portable wooden schoolhouse to accomodate 30 pupils, with a two-room wooden residence attached. The school opened on 1st of April 1880 under HT Charles PHILLIPS with a.a. of 21 pupils (8 boys, 13 girls) during the first year of operation. PHILLIPS remained in charge of the school until 18th of May 1883. From a date in 1907 the school worked half-time with 1871 Tallangower, and finally closed on 22nd of October 1911.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.

Chetwynd Honour Roll

Chetwynd School Enrolments 1905-1935