On 24th of August 1938, E.E. BOND, MLA, on behalf of A. McINTYRE, urged establishment of a school. A building in the forest at Mumbannar, County of Follet, was leased and, with 7 children, the school opened on 30th of January 1940, with Elsie E. DUNCAN as HT, and finally closed on 13th of September 1955. Miss DUNCAN remained as HT only until 27th of May 1940.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.